I will be happy to help any student on their senior project (as long as I am able to handle the load). If you want my help then:
1. Determine an area or topic for your project (IMPORTANT - see TOPICS below).
2. Arrange a meeting to discuss your plans.
3. If I think I can help you I will ask for a short one page summary, otherwise I will suggest another faculty member.
goal with any senior project is to give you the experience of a
research project, to that end I will attempt to work with you to
produce a paper which may be submitted for publication.
REQUIREMENTS: You must be able to meet with me at least once a week to discuss progess on the project.
Senior Project Arts
While I will be willing to consider any project, I will be most open to senior projects in any of the the following areas:
1. Development of a Genetic Algorithm for cryptoanalysis
2. Simulation of a quantum computer
3. Development of a Cellular Automata simulation
4. Analysis of an Intrusion Detection System
5. FPGA Implementation of a cipher system
6. Design of a hardware multiplication chip
7. Simulation of a DNA Computer
8. Using a genetic algorithm to factor integers